How To Replace The Belt On A Shark Vacuum Cleaner
Shark offer a wide range of different vacuum cleaner models.
Some come with a rotating brush to improve dirt pickup. This is controlled by a belt assembled in a small engine in the cleaning head.
The more recently-launched models are available with an emergency cutoff which helps to stop the brush as soon as it gets clogged. Also, the company states that this added feature is helpful to protect the belt. so that it lasts for the lifetime of the machine.
However, if you are using an older model or the belt breaks accidentally, you will need to replace it. Learn how to do this by following this simple guide…
What Will You Need?
- Phillips or flat-head screwdriver
What Should You Do?
- Take the vacuum out of the electricity outlet, remove and clean the dust cup (if possible) and set the vacuum in an upright position. Put it on the floor horizontally so that you can work with the brush roller
- Use a Philips or flat-head screwdriver – this varies between models – to open the screws keeping the roller covered. Keep in mind that the screws are located in different places depending on models but they are easy to spot
- Hold the roller ending and remove it from the holder. Hold the roller at the end furthest from the belt. When that end is free, repeat with the other roller endings. Slide the belt off the roller and, after that, off the motor shaft
- Clean throughout the brush roll with a hairbrush, a pair of scissors and a pair of pliers (if necessary) to get rid of all hair and debris. Be careful or you could cut the bristles
- Slide the belt over the motor shaft then over the roller and finally over the seat. Hold the roller at the two ends and separate it from the motor shaft making sure that the tension at the two ends is equal
- Partially attach the end furthest from the belt then tightly pull the other end and partially attach it to its holder. When the two ends are in place, push them in
- Reassemble the brush roll cover and protect it, using the screws you’ve just removed. Place the vacuum machine upright, connect it to the electricity outlet and check the roller
This is a suggested guide by the manufacturer and conducted successfully and fuss-free by many users.
If your belt breaks and needs to be replaced, follow this guide for success.